Saturday, April 6, 2013

One More Trip to Home Depot


Thursday, April 4, 2013

Most home building projects start with a trip to Home Depot (or your home improvement store of choice), and as with most home building projects, there are many trips to Home Depot.  I think there is a three trip minimum. This project is no different.  Even with a fairly comprehensive list of materials, I am up to five visits to the hardware store.  There always seems to be one more little thing that is needed. However, I want my chicken coop to be built correctly.

Last night, at around 10:00 p.m., we had substantially completed building the coop, but as I drifted off to sleep I thought of several additional (little) things that could be done to make it better or more complete. So, at 8:00 this morning I stopped at Home Depot on my way to work to pick up those little detail items.


The following are a couple of images of the mostly completed coop.  It was a long night, but the coop had to be completed as we were going to get chickens the next day.





Notice, we moved it from the patio, where we started construction to its permanent location.


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment