Friday, April 26, 2013

backyardchickens.com

Just a quick post about a great chicken resource.  I found this website when I started researching how to raise chickens.  It is www.backyardchickens.com. This is a fun website with lots of great information about chickens.  The most interesting aspect of www.backyardchickens.com is the people. 

People who raise chickens are very passionate about their chickens, and there are a lot of people who raise chickens.  Now that I have my own chickens, I understand why.  It has only been three weeks, but it has been a very rewarding experience.  I enjoy just watching my chickens; they are very interesting creatures.

Most people that I have told about my chickens think I am joking around, and they laugh when they first see one of my chicken videos, which are kind of silly.  However, the videos are meant to be fun.  After the initial response, everyone thinks it's pretty cool, and they ask me on a regular basis "How are your chickens doing?".

No comments:

Post a Comment